Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catching Up

It is Saturday, just gone 5.30 pm and I have walked back from the plot. A future neighbour who was walking in the same direction offered to take me to his church, the International Zion Assembly. So the conversation centred around religion. Back to the plot and progress is very encouraging, the props being used to support shuttering would never be allowed back home, or in the West generally. After my conversation with the contractor mid June he has brought on more workers and they are working longer hours; from 8 am to midnight. The site is lit up using a couple of small generators. Big day Monday the 14th; the main roof is to be concreted as long as it is dry. So far the monsoon has been disappointing bringing very little rain. Most nights there has been a shower, lowering temperatures with it. Whilst the roof is being shuttered construction of internal walls and plastering of ceilings is in progress. The workmanship is good and I am satisfied. The contractor is very cooperative. The word Champagne was heard coming from his deputy's direction when we mentioned completion. If all goes as being planned, by the end of July we will be back on the original programme. I hope to update this blog in a week or so when with the roof in place the final form of the building in skeleton form would be seen. Time to think about cooking and then back to finishing off details of the battery room requested by the contractor. Champagne when I have finished the last drawing, probably after the building is complete!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

I have been following your progress with interest, can't wait for more pictures. :)

3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home