Friday, May 15, 2009

A few words

It is Friday, late evening. I have returned from the site with my daily , what keeps me on my toes bit. I am wondering, over a glass of whisky, how I managed to order insufficient number of one type of flooring tiles. Back on the phone tomorrow and ask if anyone at the other end speaks English. Mostly it is good fun; there are exceptions. Any way, the project:
It is shapping up well. It is looking as I visualised it, a relief.
Progress to date:
All plastering (sand and cement render, inside and out) and preparation of walls to receive paint is complete.
Floor tiling of first floor is all but complete.
Wall tiling of the first floor bath rooms is complete.
Glass fibre water proofing to the main roof is well advanced.
Windows are being installed at first floor level.
First floor joinery is well advanced.
I have arranged with the contractor to start taking possession of rooms at the upper level to commence decorations, by another contractor.
I have given notice to my land lord to vacate my flat at the end of June 2009. Since the start of hot season I have started referring to it as the Hell Hole. I am pretty confidant that by then the bedroom, and the kitchen will be occupiable, more importantly that I will have telephone and internet services installed. It may just happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ed Ashby said...

Yikes. Six weeks to get your new house habitable. It sounds as if it's come on wonderfully and the previous pictures look fantastic. Do you have any idea when final completion is likely to be?

Best wishes from a wet and windy England

Ed

7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home